Re: su -c now fatal on Mac? was Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.9.1 Release

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: su -c now fatal on Mac? was Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.9.1 Release
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 12:50:43 -0700

I dropped from this thread the last few replies (see earlier in thread for
details).

I was eventually successful with the newest bootstrap in the server 15 tarball
(as part of 0.9.2 release).

Success needs

- still (presumably) a non-shipped Python for Mac (I am using MacPorts)

-
PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin
plus one of (I used the /Library)

        export PATH=$PATH:/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/
        export PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/lib/postgresql84/bin

- uncommenting of the postgres password prompt in

        update_db-v14_v15.conf

        [user postgres]
        name = postgres
        # password =

without which you get the "cannot bootstrap bundles" below. I uncommented and
as successful, however can the conf files maybe autodetect Mac OS in that that
case prompt for postgres password

??

=======================================
Bootstrapping GNUmed database system...
=======================================
You are about to install the following parts of GNUmed:
bundle "v14-v15-static" in <gnumed_v15> (or overridden) on <>
bundle "v14-v15-dynamic" in <gnumed_v15> (or overridden) on <>
This will update an existing GNUmed version 14
database to the version 14 schema. It does not do
any harm to the data contained within.

The existing database will be cloned first. The copy is
then modified. The original database remains unchanged.
Do you really want to install this database setup ?
Type yes or no: yes
==> bootstrapping "v14-v15-static" ...
Cannot bootstrap bundles.