Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.9.0 released

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.9.0 released
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 00:27:58 -0700

On 2011-04-14, at 2:38 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> I wonder if it may be a good idea to support a menu item
>
>       Show / hide tags

It was pointed out to me, offlist, that in some jurisdictions it may not be
permissible to hide from the patient such information as might be included in
tags.

I suppose it is true that the user in the affected jurisdiction could choose to
NOT use forbidden options.

However the alternative (and it is a good argument IMO) is that if a patient is
truly always late or reacts adversely in the office and needs special handling,
maybe we should not make it possible to hide the tags. This approach requires
one or more staff to be thoughtful and careful about what is being put into the
tags and

1) if it is accurate then maybe some value comes to being able to let the
patient be aware that the tags show some combination of their clinical
situation and the way that they handle themselves in the praxis

2) if it *may* be inaccurate then a patient by noticing could request to talk
about the tag and come to some agreement with the doctor

... maybe we need a tag icon which means

        do not use tags for this patient, they do not approve or we did not
reach agreement

and this tag should maybe appear topmost/first to maximize the chance that
other users do not add more to the patient

-- Jim