Re: [Gnumed-devel] About systems of codification

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] About systems of codification
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 23:06:30 -0700

On 2011-09-28, at 7:53 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Well, how then to configure, within GNUmed, the fields
>> within which ICD-9 appears in the phrasewheel but LOINC does
>> not ?
>
> It can't be done from the GUI (which is what I've begun
> discussing with Richard).
>
> It could be done from the GUI.
>
> I did not realize you not only wanted possibility but also
> desire configurability.

Project home can and should limit itself to support what is sane. Can we say
agree that for ATC to be enabled in past history (as currently happens) is
insane and should be disabled? I would really appreciate this!

Within the rest which may be sane, there may be preferences or requirements
that cannot help but to need local configuration.

For example, if a praxis had ICD-9 and then began to use ICD-10, it may be
important to be able to (continue to) display the already-entered values of
ICD-9 along with the associated terms. However, it is likely that once a praxis
would install ICD-10 then (after some time period of habituation) the praxis
may no longer want the ICD-9 to populate phrasewheel matches when inputting new
codes, despite that any already-used ICD-9 may not be deleted.

-- Jim