[Gnumed-devel] Encounter types phrasewheel issues

From: Busser, James
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter types phrasewheel issues
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 01:49:57 +0000

The attached combination screenshot shows:

- at left, the values which appear on down-arrow in my phrasewheel
- at right, the values in my Encounter types (Local name, Encounter type)

It appears that the phrasewheel list is not populated in pure alpha-order but
rather:

- the first three represent ordered local names which vary from the encounter
type descriptions
- next follow three which match (nursing encounter … phone w/ caregiver)
- then another 5 which vary from the encounter type descriptions
- then, 'video encounter', 'administrative encounter' and 'imported results'
which again match
        - but these are not in alpha order
- then the rest

Is it known whether anyone more than Karsten wants more than the Local names?

If people may want both, what about instead to provide both names on the same
line

        local name (encounter type but only where it varies from local name)

        ordered by local name

Pending a resolution of the above, the phrasewheel was driving me crazy but I
now worry I broke something as result of going into my v16 (via psql) and
setting the values for

        clin.encounter_type.description = local name

and now my 1.1.0 client won't run.

I am not sure whether it relates to the bug that I sent to the bugs list about
2.5 hours ago:

        Managing encounter types: renaming Local name *back* to Encounter name
is refused

-- Jim