Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to export an entire patient record

From: Eric MAEKER
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to export an entire patient record
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 23:09:05 +0100

Le 9 nov. 2011 à 22:55, Karsten Hilbert a écrit :

> On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 10:47:23PM +0100, Nicolas Barbier wrote:
>
>> FYI,
>>
>> In Belgium we have a national “migration” export format that needs to
>> be supported by GP EHR systems if users (GPs) want to receive a yearly
>> subvention; therefore, it is (or will soon be as the homologation
>> procedure for this year is still not finished) supported by the major
>> GP EHR systems. This format is called “GP Software Migration Format”
>> (GPSMF) and is documented at [1].
>>
>> It might be that other countries or organizations are defining similar
>> formats,
>
> Germany does, too. The format is lacking in coverage of EHR
> data as well as in support by vendors (lest they facilitate
> switching) but it exists.
>
>> but I don't know of any (except maybe OpenEHR, which I think
>> defines an application-neutral way of encoding a full health record
>> including a full history of changes;
>
> That's correct.
>
>> Currently, GPSMF it is meant to be used by a GP to migrate from one to
>> another EHR system. It therefore encodes all changes to a health
>> record, including “retroactive changes” (which I like to call
>> “corrections of input mistakes”), so exporting+importing a health
>> record doesn't lose that history. A restricted version of the format
>> is being defined that leaves out such “retroactive changes”, which is
>> supposed to be used to migrate a health record from one GP to another.
>>
>> Nicolas
>>
>> [1]
>> <URL:https://www.ehealth.fgov.be/standards/kmehr/content/website/home/rules/specialmessages/GP_software_migration.xml>
>
> Interesting. Does it, indeed, have widespread support among
> vendors in Belgium ? Perhaps you people are saner than us
> Germans.

We have a starting implementation in France too called "Dossier médical
partagé" (shared medical file). But specifications are too heavy for us to
implement it in FreeMedForms. There are many experiments in different countries
about this kind of specifications. No real results... specially in the open
source community.

> Should you be interested in facilitating a GNUmed
> implementation thereof I'd be glad to act as point of
> contact.

The FreeMedForms project implements the belgium drug database. GNUMed, by
making usage of FreeDiams (our open source prescriber that can be integrated to
GNUMed), is enable to manage your specifications on the prescription. We can
help you on this task. If the GNUMed community approve this proposal you can CC
to address@hidden

> Karsten

-----
Eric Maeker, MD (Fr)