Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 20:31:27 +0100

On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 05:15:11 PM Busser, Jim wrote:
> Someone has emailed, offlist (non-list member) asking about installing
> GNUmed under this Ubuntu.
>
> Has anyone already done so with client 1.x (database v16) to be able to
> advise whether the wiki guide for Ubuntu is no longer adequate?
>
> Sebastian had last posted ( ~ Oct 20th)
>
>       … This will potentially lead to gnumed-client 0.9.11 and gnumed-server
> 15.11 in Ubuntu 11.11
>
> but I don't know if that means 1.x (v16) should not also be installable.

https://launchpad.net/~gnumed/+archive/ppa

shows all available version. Yes, 1.5 is not on the list because I simply did
not get around creating it yet. I need help with this.

I simply have no chance to supply packages for Windows, 6 RPM based
distributions and 3 versions of Ubuntu. Unless someone steps up and helps out
(it is fairly easy) there always will be a delay before those packages come to
life.

I have been busy for the past few days fixing nasty openSUSE package problems
and getting Live-DVD out the door. When this is done I will take care of
Ubuntu.

Regards,
Sebastian