Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUMed SOAP vs SOAPless progress notes

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUMed SOAP vs SOAPless progress notes
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 01:15:31 +0000

On 2011-12-01, at 1:32 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> The waiting list is intended to hold and communicate
> *patients* waiting in the praxis to be seen. That's the
> design goal.

You did previously write

        "Along the way - and drawing
        from first hand use case experience - I noticed that with a
        few minor generalizations (arbitrary zoning, arbitrarily
        settable list position etc) this sort of thing can be used
        for a lot more than just currently waiting patients…

        Since the waiting list isn't intended as a tool for
        clinical-plan-handling-only

                (?? not sure what was meant)

        it can only be by social
        contract at your site that the waiting list zone
        "clinical-todo" is used for such things

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2009-07/msg00266.html

Thus, I cannot discern whether you did (and do still) picture the Waiting list
to double as a task manager, or whether you have in mind that GNUmed should
grow a separate task manager, so …

1) even just among 'patients waiting to be seen' it remains relevant to be able
to filter the existence of such items -- to clean them up -- for any patient
who happens to be in focus, as suggested previously per

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2011-04/msg00217.html

2) and -- as far as the possibility of task management, and whether or not to
support it 'complicates' the EMR -- I might point out that the
existing-but-unimplemented table

        lab_requests

is really just capturing an interim state of the plan (the plan to obtain
measurements). Accordingly, for the EMR to accept to assist with other task
management, would in principle be nothing more than taking other granular,
non-lab elements of the plan and similarly storing their interim states, and
making these states available to be seen by the individuals who may need to
'advance' these elements to their next 'state'

-- Jim