Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 17:53:47 +0000

On 2011-12-19, at 1:16 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:00:20PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
>>> The alternative is to list all of the above, unfiltered,
>>> but maybe it is reasonable to think that anyone who wishes
>>> to see that additional detail would double-click to go to
>>> the Encounters view/edit area?
>>
>> It still is not clear to me what it is that is to be
>> achieved with this panel.
>>
>> Which internal question(s) shall it answer ?
>
> Internal to the clinician looking at the overview, that is.

Here talking about the Encounters panel, right?

The question being "what, in an overview panel, would interest the clinician
about past encounters...'

bearing in mind that the clinical issues of interest from the encounters should
have been put into the problem list ??

Well...

- the length of the problem list gives no indication of the intensity or timing
or range of visits
- it may be helpful to see a distribution of the kinds of recent activity
        - in-praxis
        - in-home
        - in-facility (like a nursing home)
        - phone w patient
        - phone w clinician
        - test import
        - document import

and perhaps the numbers of each kind of encounter

        - in-praxis (4)
        - in-home (0) <--- except there would be no display of frequency = 0
items
        - in-facility  (0) (like a nursing home)
        - phone w patient (2)
        - phone w clinician (1)
        - test import (6)
        - document import (3)

but the above is not well-nough explained or needs reconsideration because

- there would need to be an arbitrary time frame (3 months?) or some other way
to summarize less than the entire history of encounters
- maybe the basis for selection should be those encounters that touch open
episodes?
- can such a summary be compatible with displaying the last entry in modified_by
- but I would still show the clin_when and not the modified_when... the
modified_when can be seen in the Journal

Just some thoughts :-)

-- Jim