[Gnumed-devel] Hot key for abbreviation

From: Vaibhav Banait
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Hot key for abbreviation
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:17:32 +0000

Hi
Can we have a hot key for capturing a template.

Eg. 'this text forms a new template'. To save this as a template, I select it
and press a hot key say f2. A pop up menu asks for the abbreviation . We enter
!template to save.  I am aware of stand alone application written in python to
achieve this in linux. Autohotkey does it for windows. But in built application
will remove the necessity for separate application.
Would like to know about your thoughts.
Vaibhav