Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Windows issues

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Windows issues
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:49:36 +0100

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 01:12:25PM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> Just had the pleasure to test GNUmed 1.1.10 on Windows 7.
>
> Installation:
> good: dob can be entered as -80J (for Jahre==years)

That's locale sensitive.

> bad: does not yet detect previous versions (anyone ?)

Huh ?

> bad: Windows conf file shows useless profiles (my bad)

Only if you start with --debug.

> bad: document archive plugin does not show documents (can't create dialog
> using memory template ???)

Same old SetItemPyData() bug for which I do not
know the solution.

> bad: it does not start ginkgocad (mostl likey a path quoting issue, log has
> been sent)

path quoting, should be fixed

> bad: in phrasewheel one still cannot select an option with Return-key but
> rather mouse based double click (major suckage)

I have no idea.

> bad: arriba is offered as a tool even though it is not
> installed. since they don't provide just a binary one has to
> frop it into a folder which is in PATH to make it start

Suggestions ?

> bad: re medication: pressing Rx brings up a dialog to
> choose databases from. selecting FreeDiams is accepted.
> However since it is not installed it will not be started.
> installing it does not bring it up either. configuring the
> path to freediams from inside GNUmed does not help either

This is not yet supported. Put it in the PATH.

> (why is this not possible for e.g. Ginkgo-CADx

Because FreeDiams is called via an explicit driver while
Ginkgo CADx is not.

Put it in the PATH (even if just for running GNUmed).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de