Re: [Gnumed-devel] menu GNUmed > Preferences >

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] menu GNUmed > Preferences >
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 21:33:37 +0000

I did not realize until now that menu items, despite their absence of tooltips,
are informed by equivalent functionality in what is shown in GNumed's "status
bar" at bottom left.

On 2012-04-04, at 1:27 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> 1) List configuration... can we rename (in 1.2) to either
>>
>>        Configuration settings
>
> I renamed it to "Show configuration".

This menu does more than to just "Show" (granted it does not allow to create,
but it does allow to delete).

I agree Show is better than List but mainly I am looking to capture how this
particular group of "configurations" is different from what, to any regular
user, may seem to be other things that could be called "configurations" such as
client parameters and UI and External tools preferences etc.

If it simply that what is currently in

        Show configuration

was not supported to be changed under the other headings, then how about
calling it

        Other configurations

and positioning it bottom-most under

        Client parameters