Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed <-> FreeDiams

From: Eric Maeker
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed <-> FreeDiams
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:03:53 +0200

2012/6/13 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:10:40PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:58:25PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>> > Now that the FreeDiams team has bestowed upon us the proper
>> > way to use the current XML file API GNUmed - starting with
>> > 1.2.1 - can eventually correctly interface again current
>> > FreeDiams versions.
>> >
>> > A default Debian install of FreeDiams does not contain
>> > interactions and/or ATC data anymore, however.
>>
>> Please negotiate with upstream how this could be activated in the Debian
>> packages because Eric also cares for the Debian package stuff.
>
> I know.
>
> Upstream assured that they won't provide freely accessible
> ATC / interactions data anymore. They have stated that
> people can build their own data packs with this information
> using the tools provided in the released code.

Please note that these data:
- ATC classification
- ICD10 classification
- drugs database for Fr, Ca, Za, Be
are not released with a DFSG compatible licence and are copyrighted.
Unfortunately, the interaction data are linked to the ATC && ICD10
classification and this can be changed.

Also note, that the source package does contain all our code and that
files are 100% DFSG compatible (GPLv3, LGPL, PD, BSD-3-clause).
The datapack tool downloads raw source from the website's provider,
and transform the raw source to a FreeMedForms compatible database.

The **non-profit** french association, asso.freemedforms.com, provides
datapacks that can not be released with a free and open source
licence. The datapacks are built using the freemedforms project source
package. Anyone can do the same, they must inform the FreeMedForms
team of their intention to pack our data and manage themselves their
server and datapacks. The FreeMedForms team does only support non-free
datapacks provided by the asso.freemedforms.com.

Eric