[Gnumed-devel] Suggestion for handling the display of document "types" i

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Suggestion for handling the display of document "types" in a praxis
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:42:30 +0000

In many paper charts, documents are filed in strict chronological order, without bothering to distinguish whether the document was "incoming" or "outgoing".

GNUmed sorts documents by "type" in a case-sensitive manner.

When I want to look up a document, I more often want to look for something that was "incoming", and less often something that was generated within GNUmed (i.e. "outgoing"). Maybe in other praxi, this would be different.

Anyway, as would be expected, upper case sorts first, and then lower case, so I named my "types" with this in mind. Screenshot attached, in case this would help anybody.

PS - in this view, the document type is displayed redundantly, and might be nice to be removed from the line listings (unless this would complicate the code).

-- Jim