Re: [Gnumed-devel] Unable to clearly enough select a combo drug from Add

From: Liz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Unable to clearly enough select a combo drug from Add button > Brand by component
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:26:52 +1000

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 00:11:05 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > It would be better if a user, when selecting a component,
> > could more clearly know whether their selection was part of
> > a multi-component drug. Can the phrasewheel know this
> > information
>
> Not with the current state of affairs. I'll search for a
> solution to this problem.

My current software did not solve this problem either, so I have to
choose a trade name, leading to this problem.
Some company is marketing amlodipine and perindopril combination
"Coveram 10mg/10mg"
"Coveram 10mg/5mg"
"Coveram 5mg/10mg"
"Coveram 5mg/5mg"
(and the same for another brand whose name I don't recall)

I handwrote on the script amlodipine 10mg perindopril 5mg because the
trade name was unclear to me, and while I can pick the combination drug
by generic name only the first ingredient makes it to the printed
script.

I haven't thought up any solutions.