Re: [Gnumed-devel] Creating automatic medication template

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Creating automatic medication template
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 08:46:55 +0200

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 06:28:00PM +0000, Vaibhav Banait wrote:

> If gnumed can associate the drug name with dose and
> frequency use and other instruction from the database, and
> offer suggestion based on previous uses, it may help
> expediate creation of  prescription. Eg if i write say
> thyroid harmone   50 microgram once daily on empty stomach,
> gnumed automatically associate this information. So  when
> for third patient i write thyroid harmone, i am
> automatically offered rest of the prescription, which i may
> accept or edit. let me know what you think?

This is a very useful concept. In fact, Richard proposes
this sort of thing in his design. Which is why we also do
have a mechanism for that implemented (phrasewheels with
contexts). The phrasewheels aren't set up optimally in many
areas, however. It can best be seen within the new-patient
edit area where once a zip code has been entered most other
phrasewheels offer the correct information as the top choice
(works for me here, anyways).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de