Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release Candidate 1.3.rc2 - Placeholders

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release Candidate 1.3.rc2 - Placeholders
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 23:52:00 +0000

On 2012-12-22, at 3:19 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>>      - by the placeholder $<patient_comm::channeltype>$
>
> I have enhanced the patient_comm placeholder to take a
> template which could now be
>
>       %(url)s (%(comment)s)

Can some clearer elaboration of the use of templates in placeholders be
provided?

Looking at

http://gitorious.org/gnumed/gnumed/blobs/master/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmMacro.py

1) Despite that the acceptance of %Y %B %d is not documented, the placeholder
date_of_birth supports %Y %B %d as in

        $<date_of_birth::%Y %B %d>$

and so will all placeholders which represent dates accept %Y %B %d in their
argument?

2) Where -- next to 'patient_tags' -- the page lists as follows

        # "args" holds: <%(key)s-template>//<separator>

my question is about what I have expressed as ??? in the following expression

        $<patient_tags::???>$

Does ??? accept only a single value of 'key' or does the 's' in the expression

        %()s

imply plural or that one can place multiple key values in a string (such as
with soap identifiers 'soapu' or is the situation of the SOAPU rows a special
case and the only placeholder in which it is supported to designate multiple
values to be directed into the LaTex file?

3) For the placeholder

        $<patient_comm>$

where the argument was previously the channel type (e.g. $<
patient_comm::mobile>$) will it henceforth become, if no comment is desired

        $<patient_comm::%(mobile)s>$

but if a comment is desired

        $<patient_comm::%(mobile)s %(comment)s>$

-- Jim