Re: [Gnumed-devel] new plugin(s)

From: Jerzy Luszawski
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] new plugin(s)
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 15:56:26 +0200

On Sat, 4 May 2013 11:03:25 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > * gmEncounterEditPlugin - my way of adding encounters and soap notes,
(..)
> Excellent. This is what I intended - unified backend,
> user-tailored views upon it.
I must say that the design was very helpful, especially
separation of look and layout from data objects.

> > (note: if anyone is interested in printing from this
> >  plugin - please contact me for instructions how to prepare
> >  templates)
>
> I will be, eventually. XSLT ?
Yes. It worked for me before.
The beauty of it lays in the possibility of preparing as complex
templates as you want in OpenOffice. You can have tables, formatting,
embedded graphics, anything in a template. You put some data fields
in it (acting as placeholders), save it as flat XML, import to Gnumed
as a template, and then just filter data through it. All parsing and
replacement is done by standard libraries.

--
Regards,
Jerzy Luszawski