Re: [Gnumed-devel] gecamed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gecamed
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 09:00:42 +0200

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 03:40:59AM +0200, Jerzy Luszawski wrote:

> > > Seems to fit its place well.
> > >
> > > 1) Runs in a browser and needs Java.
> >
> > ?? It uses Java webstart that is all.
>
> Perhaps that's not all:
> "Der GECAMed Client ist in Java geschrieben und läuft auf den
> Plattformen GNU/Linux™, Apple Mac OS X™, Microsoft Windows™. Weitere OS
> Versionen sind möglich, wenn es mindestens eine Java Version 1.5 gibt."
>
> No-go for me, too.

I need to (slightly) soften my stance on this part:
Initially I thought it ran ON Java IN the browser but I
managed to (not) run it w/o a browser being open.

Nonetheless, Java + internet connection is not a good idea.

OTOH, Sebastian is right in that things can be learnt from
their design - say, if I hadn't known the approach to drive
LO I could've learnt of that from the thesis link he posted.

Karten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de