Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - result shading

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - result shading
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:18:30 +0000

On 2013-07-14, at 9:59 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> I suggest 2 colors at most (well, 3, if you count "neutral"):
>
> 1) below target, or below normal if no target
>
> 2) above target, or above normal if no target
>
> After all, the very fact that a target is defined means that
> the normal is not applicable, by definition. We could do
> with one color (out-of-target or out-of-normal if no target
> defined) if we combine that with the already existing
> abnormality indicator.
>
> I don't think auto-interpreting + and - is risky.

I agree, including the part about auto-interpreting + and -

My concern would however remain if -- GNUmed being i18n -- we would extend to
auto-interpret alpha characters like H and L, unless you think special i18n is
suitable for this purpose. My concern would be that lab result importers might
import directly into the backend without a mapped translation of how GNUmed
interprets characters in various source labs' indicator fields.

-- Jim