Re: [Gnumed-devel] ID issuers, types, and validation

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ID issuers, types, and validation
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 20:11:09 +0000

On 2013-07-28, at 12:23 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
 wrote:

>> As far as the validation part, I had thought we had added
>> (or at least talked about adding) the ability to require an
>> id to to be validated according to a regex, for example if I
>> require a certain kind of ID value to satisfy a
>>
>>      modulo 9
>>
>> condition.
>
> That's not possible (AFAIK) with regular expressions.

I see … the regex needs to be standalone and can neither call a postgres
function.

Can the expression be one in which a value, divided by 9.00, gives a result
whose decimal value is .00?

Put another way, what is an example that might be easily achievable, for example
- must contain 10 digits
- must not contain alphas
- may not contain blanks or spaces

-- Jim