Re: [Gnumed-devel] Help menu > About database � size

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Help menu > About database � size
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 19:05:53 +0000

On 2013-08-02, at 11:09 AM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

> some useful concept of "how big is my database"

As one example, in a situation where anyone worries about whether they had
sufficiently recently backed up, or whether or not the backup had properly
functioned, or whether the backup is safe or sufficient, and therefore wanting
to know, for extra safety

        "How much unused space will I need to do an out of cycle backup now()"

to be able to estimate the space that will be needed to take a backup of

        database.sql
        roles.sql

which currently seems about 35% of the gnumed_v18 database "size-in-postgres"
as calculated from the methods so far.

-- JIm