Re: [Gnumed-devel] ESC as a hotkey to patient search field

From: Jerzy Luszawski
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ESC as a hotkey to patient search field
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 21:02:41 +0200

On 18-08-2013 19:48 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 07:35:05PM +0200, Jerzy Luszawski wrote:
>
> > I took me a while to figure out that ESC key works as a hotkey moving
> > focus to patient search field.
> > I mean I could not find a word about this behaviour in wiki or mailing
> > list. Did I miss something or is it really undocumented? ;)
>
> It has only recently been implemented (1.2 or so) and it
> doesn't work everywhere (I have no idea why) and I did not
> document it for exactly this very mail :-)
>
> So, you are the winner :-)

As I was unaware of it I simply started to think how to implement it,
just to discover that I am reinventing the wheel.:-|

I did not notice any problems with it so far, but maybe ESC is not the
most fortunate choice for hotkey, as it may be captured/processed by
some other objects. I would try e.g. F3 or something like this.

--
Regards,
Jerzy Luszawski