Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui et alii

From: Jerzy Luszawski
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui et alii
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 06:52:33 +0200

On 19-08-2013 10:10 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Jerzy,
>
> I see that you've published quite some code on gitorious
> which is both impressive and really nice to see.
The number of commits is misleading.
I'm not sure if I do it right, but the only way I found to keep my
repository up-to-date with origin/master is to pull from origin/master
locally and then push to private-clone/master. I did not find any way
to pull directly from the side of private-clone.
Generally, I tried to create topic branches with commits related to
particular topic, and jl-gui as my trunk with merged everything. It
may be easier to look at the branches and cherry-pick only some
commits for upstream.
I'm not very familiar with git, which is very flexible, so sometimes the
history of commits is not as clear as I would like it to be. :)

> Can you walk me through the database changes you have done
> along with the rationale for each (not for WHY you have done
> something in particular -- that's clear: because you needed
> to --  but rather for why you did it the way you did) ?

Regards,
Jerzy Luszawski