Re: [Gnumed-devel] Failed update log

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Failed update log
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:43:47 +0100

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 05:35:47PM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> > It seems you never ran any fixup scripts.
> >
> > You need to disable the raw and the mapped keyword expansion
> > checks in the upgrade config file for your upgrade to work.
> >
> > This is the last time I give any help without you having
> > the decency of providing at least a minimum of context.
> >
> > We are not your paid IT support.
>
> His E-Mail was a direct response to one of my private conversations with
> Vaibhav. Just ignore it. I asked for it.
>
> Next time this can be avoided by sending private mails to individual
> participants as people on this list might feel disturbed by mails without
> proper context.

In fact, Vaibhav cannot be held liable for this having been
sent onto the list. I have sent it there.

However, he sent the log to ME (as well ?), while YOU requested it.

So much the better. Good to know the cause of the confusion.

I still maintain that it is ALWAYS recommendable to give sufficient
context even if answering IMMEDIATELY. You don't get paid for
taking notes or keeping things in your mind so you shouldn't
be expected to do so. You are being asked a favor. It should
be made as easy for you as possible. It's common sense.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de