Re: [Gnumed-devel] Intensity of colour shading of high or low measuremen

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Intensity of colour shading of high or low measurements
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 17:36:47 +0000

On 2014-06-28, at 5:14 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 12:38:10AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Still using GNUmed on Mac under X11…
>>
>> It is a little hard to see that characters shaded blue.
>>
>> Can a less-intense colour be selected?
>
> Currently it is "cornflower blue". Please suggest a better
> alternative.

Hmm … a few options avail at http://www.html-color-names.com/color-chart.php
including

        - LightSkyBlue
        - Cyan
        - PaleTurquoise

some thoughts:

1) LightSkyBlue is a tad lighter

2) Cyan gives good contrast from black text. But is it so over-powering as to
distract from other measurements?

3) PaleTurquoise offers good contrast, and is least visually distracting. But
is it so faint as to provide insufficient contrast?

My guess would be to look at PaleTurquoise and, if you deem its contrast
insufficient, we maybe try LightSkyBlue?

-- Jim