Re: [Gnumed-devel] ImportError: No module named psycopg2

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ImportError: No module named psycopg2
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 13:52:43 +0100

A word of caution. Mac OS X does provide way too many ways to install python (along with the system provided one) to fail in many ways.

I have been there.

The most recent attempt to get everything installed is documented here.

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/MacNativeGNUmed

Unfortunately the only sane way is to package everything into a dmg for Mac. I have it running here (installed properly) but have not yet found the time to package this into a dmg (in a scripted way).

Forget about MacPorts, Fink and Homebrew or you are on your way to dependency hell.

While it is doable on Mac I currently lack the time to properly package GNUmed. I would however be happy to teach someone how to do it. Last time I went through it was probably a year ago but I feel confident that it can be accomplished within two weeks or so.

If this is attempted wxpython 3.0 should be used as it provides much nicer support for Mac environments.

We should schedule a GNUmed coding sprint for this year. This would give us the opportunity to get the automatic GNUmed packaging for Mac and Windows done.

Sebastian