Re: [Gnumed-devel] ImportError: No module named psycopg2

From: Holger Patzelt
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ImportError: No module named psycopg2
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 07:58:44 +0200

> Am 28.03.2015 um 13:52 schrieb Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden>:
>
> A word of caution. Mac OS X does provide way too many ways to install python
> (along with the system provided one) to fail in many ways.

yep!

> I have been there.
>
> The most recent attempt to get everything installed is documented here.
>
> http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/MacNativeGNUmed

This reminds me of another problem GNUmed lacks in my Op: some straight and
actual(!) doc.

> Unfortunately the only sane way is to package everything into a dmg for Mac.
> I have it running here (installed properly) but have not yet found the time
> to package this into a dmg (in a scripted way).
Not that I would lack of things I could/would have to do on the coming
weekends, but may be there would be some spare time for me esp. on the upcoming
easter-WE. So if you have some good (and a bit foolproof) links on doc, that
tells what needs to be done, I might find some time to script a bit, if you
like...

> Forget about MacPorts, Fink and Homebrew or you are on your way to dependency
> hell.
yeah. Exactly what I felt like: deep dep-hell!!

> While it is doable on Mac I currently lack the time to properly package
> GNUmed. I would however be happy to teach someone how to do it. Last time I
> went through it was probably a year ago but I feel confident that it can be
> accomplished within two weeks or so.
>
> If this is attempted wxpython 3.0 should be used as it provides much nicer
> support for Mac environments.
Did I say I am a fan of up-to-date environments? (OK- this may not seem
reasonable for a german Telekom-Daughter-Employee ;-) )