gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] more stuff to do...

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] more stuff to do...
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:07:15 +0000

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 05:26:34PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:

> You mention MOTD in the TODO file.  I was thinking it would be nice to
> have a MOTD functionality where the admin could set a message of the
> day... possibly a config file kinda thing.  Is this what you were
> thinking?  I dont' wanna go nuts, its not a blog... :)

  There was an option in some of the earlier Debian releases to display
 a file /etc/gnump3d/gnump3d.motd by the use of <MOTD></MOTD> tags.

  This was temporary and I'm not sure that many people noticed it.

  At the time I was using it within the company I work for to point
 people to new directories, and to point people to the samba share were
 music could be uploaded.

  I think something like that would work nicely - perhaps having a
 configuration file entry for the name of the file would be best;
 that's the only thing that I might change.

> I was also thinking it would be nice to see what songs were added
> recently or modified recently?  this is point 14 in the todo.  I think
> I'll start with this next unless you're already doing that?

  That's a nice one, and should be simple to implement.  I did it
 already once, just adding "new" next to directory names if they had
 been modified in the past day.  (Via perls '-M' test).

  Adding a new format string "$MODIFIED" which would be replaced with
 either "<font color="red">New</font>" or "" depending on the newness
 would be the way I'd expect it to work.

  However I'm open to suggestions.

  For me songs new that day, or two days at most would make most sense
 but I'd be persuadable if this were configurable to N days new / old.

Steve