gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] RSS Feeds in GNUMP3d

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] RSS Feeds in GNUMP3d
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:29:54 +0000

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 03:47:42AM -0600, kracker wrote:

> I had a thought just today using GNUMP3d. I did a little bit of
> searching and found no references to anyone else bringing up the
> subject before / in the past. So here I go again ...

  I think this is new :)

> GNUMP3d + RSS

  Not a bad idea, but I have a hard time wondering how it would be
 useful.  I can't imagine that any player would read the RSS file,
 so what you're doing is allowing an RSS agregator to view the songs
 and that isn't such a useful step up from allowing a web browser to
 view the songs.

  Unless I'm missing something?

  Adding a feed of the most recent media, say, I could see as being
 vaguely useful ..

> Am I off the edge again or is this really a neat idea? Useful feature
> or wasted space, I ask you :)

  It would be trivial to write a plugin to sort the media by date of
 addition and return an RSS feed - but I'm not sure how useful it would
 be.

  Patch welcome ;)

  Failing that give me a few weeks and I'll try to add it myself.  Low
 priority though.  (Having said that I've been very lax on working on
 the code for a while.)

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration