gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Status of GnuSpeech

From: David Hill
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Status of GnuSpeech
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:46:25 -0700

Dear Ken,

Apologies for the delay in replying to you email request.

The project at present is not being actively developed. The last repository update was made approximately 11 months ago by Dalmazio Brisinda and included major upgrades to Monet and a newly completed component required (or at least very, very useful) for new language development -- "Synthesizer" which allows researchers to determine the acoustic consequences of arbitrary vocal tract configurations in the tube model (though the current "Synthesizer" is really a beta release and needs some code clean-up and a few additional features). There are a number of additional important "Monet" modules to be ported to manage posture, rule and transition editing. Unfortunately for you, the sub-modules that deal with developing these necessary new language data components within Monet are only stubs at present. Some help in continuing the port would be most welcome,though I realise that you represent an end user, and not a developer, so this is not really a call on you. [Anyone out there interested?]

The existing code-base and software components are quite stable for both Mac OS X and GNUstep. Have you tried any of them out?

Many thanks for your interest. I hope to have better news for you "real soon now".

Warm regards.

david