Re: gs-base-1.0.0 segfaults

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: gs-base-1.0.0 segfaults
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 11:08:02 +0100 (BST)

> >> Ah ... then we could get into a whole long attempt to do remote
> >> debugging which
> >> would probably fail.
> >
> > Hah, yes... I was worrying about this while writing the last posting,
> > but then I thought the 1.0.0 release was supposed to be quite stable
> > and working,
>
> Unfortunately it didn't work out that way ... somehow it managed to be
> considerably less stable than either preceding or following snapshots.
> Murphys law I guess...

What about making a short freeze - half a week of freeze - and then
releasing a gnustep-base 1.0.1 ?  Without branching or other
administrative overhead for Adam - we just agree not to make changes (bug
fixes allowed of course) for some days and just try it out to check that
it works.  Then - we tag it 1.0.1 and release it.  Just a `bug fixing
update release' for 1.0.0.