Simple printing

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Simple printing
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 23:25:08 +0200

The printing of a simple text view, as used in Ink is working now. This
is a very limited functionality, still worth to try it out. Load your
favorit RTF document into Ink and select the print menu entry. It will
produce one PostScript file /tmp/NSTempPrintFile which can than be vied
with Ghostscript (I did not actually print it). As all the document
additions for Postscript are still missing this is not very usable.
For a full implemetation of printing we need some additions on NSView,
all the Print panel classes, a better implemenation of the print
operation and a lot of additions to the XGStreamContext. My impression
is that we will have to make this context a full context similar the
XGContext, with its one gstate class, that would not produce any output,
but could hold state. So I am thinking about writting a base class for
XGGState that would just keep the current state and also one common
superclass for XGStreamContext and XGContext. These two could than also
serve as the starting poing for any none Postscript backend.

Fred