Re: FAIL: -isClass returns NO on an instance

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: FAIL: -isClass returns NO on an instance
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:08:18 +0100

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 11:57:51AM +0000, Nicola Pero wrote:

> > When I run
> >
> > ./gtest-base --tool NSObject
> >
> > I get the following output:
> > ---------------------------------
> > FAIL: -isClass returns NO on an instance
> > FAIL: -isClass returns NO on an instance (special evil test for broken
> > libobjc)
>
> Hi Willem - nice to meet you again :-)
>
> what version of libobjc are you using ?
>
> The testcase is mine - and I fixed this bug on Mon Jul 16 12:15:00 2001 on
> GCC CVS - the fix is included in all libobjc starting from the one shipped
> with GCC 3.0.1.

I am quite sure that I am using GCC 3.0 with libobjc from GCC 3.0.
So that might explain it.
I will try GCC 3.2.1 and see if it is fixed.  (I hope GCC compiles in 100Mb
of free disk space.)
And than only 10 unexpected failures to go :-)

Thanks for the pointer.  I hope I have some free time again to play
with GNUstep.

Wim Oudshoorn.