Re: [RFC] Header organization GNUstepBase

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header organization GNUstepBase
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:16:11 +0200

Last call for comments :-) !!!

I'll be creating a 'pre-header-reorg-20030731' tag before I commit. I'm thinking for doing this at the top level to get all projects. (I'm wondering whether we could move it back for guile and gtest later.)

David Ayers wrote:

All right folks, I'm finally done and I have a good feeling about this after installing more GNUstep apps than ever before :-)
I'll do this on a per-lib-basis...

Source structure: core/base
Headers/Foundation
Headers/Additions/GNUstepBase
Headers/Additions/GNUstepBase/unicode

Headers/Additions/GNUstepBase: (installed in $(GNUSTEP_HEADERS)/GNUstepBase)
Public:
GCObject.h
GNUstep.h
GSCategories.h
GSConfig.h.in
GSFileHandle.h <- Has previously only been public for -base, will now be public for -base(add)
GSIArray.h
GSIMap.h
GSLocale.h <- Has previously only been public for -base, will now be public for -base(add)
GSMime.h
GSObjCRuntime.h
GSUnion.h
GSXML.h
Unicode.h
behavior.h
objc-gnu2next.h
preface.h <- Has previously only been public for -base, will now be public for -base(add)
preface.h.in

Privat, but need for -base and -add
thr-mach.h
DistributedObjects.h
GSFormat.h
GSInvocation.h
UnixFileHandle.h
WindowsFileHandle.h
config-win32.h (This file will be removed !!!)
config.h.in

I've been thinking about whether to put these in Source/Additions and #include "Additions/file.h",

The files have to be moved anyway, so I'd like to move to the right place. If no one speaks up, they will be moved to Source/Additions!

Cheers,
David