Re: Possible patches from upstream source

From: Alexey Spiridonov
Subject: Re: Possible patches from upstream source
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:22:39 +0400

Hello all,

I wrote the original gtk2-focus patch, which Alex has asked about. I also wrote
a correction, which I sent
promptly thereafter. To my surprise, it is still not in CVS. Focus works _much_
better with it. The original one
is *wrong*. Someone, please merge the attached!

For reasons of school, I had disappeared for some 9 months after writing the
patch, though I kept reading wm-dev.
To this day,  I ran WM CVS as of August, with my corrected patch. I have seen
no focus problems (or any others,
except for one small irrelevant bug).

Alex, you  definitely shouldn't be using  the patch that you were asking about.
I'll send you a joint patch (original +
correction) that should work well against 0.80.2. That said, it seems to me
that there's little reason to be using 0.80.2,
as CVS is much farther ahead. Maybe someone will comment on recent stability --
August's CVS was pretty good
too me.

With what Dan & Carlos reported, I went and looked at all my Motif apps (I've
got no Java apps). I found
only one dialog box that had a problem ("timidity -im" Open dialog), so I guess
I still have something to
investigate. I wonder why I hadn't heard of this bug earlier.

The plan now is: I'll use latest CVS, and track down the bug. Let me know if
you have any other helpful bits
of info.

Alexey

PS Carlos, sorry you're getting two copies. Please disregard what I sent
earlier; i was a bit out of it.