Re: Patch for window decoration

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Patch for window decoration
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:35:10 +0200

Fred Kiefer wrote:
> Alexander Malmberg wrote:
> > Fred Kiefer wrote:
> > [snip]
> >>The problems can be seen in the GSTest applciation by resizing the
> >>colour well. Here sometimes an area of the window will stay white.
> >
> > As it turns out, this was back-xlib specific. The buffer allocation code
> > (in XGServerWindow.m) was trying to use xframe to keep track of the
> > buffer sizes, so it would fail to notice that the size of the window had
> > changed. Should be fixed in cvs now.
>
> Thanks. Workd fine now. There is still some flickering, which I cannot
> remember from before. When resizing the window goes blank and than is
> redrawn a bit later. But this is something I can live with for the moment.

back-xlib has always flickered a lot here. I'll try to do a bit of
testing, but these things tend to be tricky and timing dependent.

I suspect that the XGetGeometry stuff and the delay in -windowdevice:
are unnecessary now, and that delay might be responsible for this, so
I'd try disabling that code.

- Alexander Malmberg