Re: Versioning (Was: Re: GNUstep on freshmeat)

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: Versioning (Was: Re: GNUstep on freshmeat)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:22:32 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
Hello,

What do you think about having single version number for whole GNUstep-core? I
would suggest to go with 1.0.0 after nearest -gui release. For more details see
short conversation below. It would be definitely good for marketing purposes
and for avoiding confusions.

I am pro!!!

I think that GNUstep is stable enough to be 1.0

As someone said: Evolution is not about being the best, but good enough. :-) And
it is true not only in bology, if you look how other SW looks like.

In addition, how can GNUstep have some slashdot publicity on the 1.0 release? I
do not know how it works, but often I see gnome and kde being there.

I have tried that several times, but mostly none of the messages came through. Maybe it will be beter for a 1.0 release, but I shouldn't count on it.

Dennis

What do you think?

Stefan Urbanek

----- Preposlaná správa od Adam Fedor <address@hidden> -----