GNUstep Foundation

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: GNUstep Foundation
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:08:51 +0100

On 2004-09-28 21:10:23 +0100 Alex Perez <address@hidden> wrote:

This leads me to my second point, which is that we really need a GNUstep Foundation. Actually, we need two. One in the United States, and one in Europe. While I can't speak for Europe, a nonprofit in the united states can legally accept tax-deductible donations from both corporations and individuals. This is imperative if GNustep is to become more recognized and respected. I know of at least a couple of American GNUsteppers who might be interested in getting such a beast off the ground. Anyone up for such a task in Europe? Dennis?

In fact, thinking of that, I'm not sure we need two foundations for the moment :)
At least start with the US one, we'll see later if others are needed...
What will be the interest of the foundation ? basically, have an entity representing GNUstep,
and help the visibility of the project.

But practically, it's mostly in order to simplify raise of money for the project
(... for example... pay for the icons... or t-shirts, or prints, etc. )
A single foundation will be more than enough to start with imho, and we are not enough to create
foundations everywhere (europe, asia...)

--
Nicolas Roard