Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:53:47 -0700 (PDT)

I have been thinking quite seriously about starting a GNUstep Foundation, but
have hesitated since I didn't know how the community would feel about such a
move.

Any GNUstep foundation would need to be:

1) Formed by a group of the maintainers..
2) Have a decision making structure which makes decisions only pertaining to
the Foundation and will not attempt to interfere with the GNUstep project, we
don't want to repeat the mistakes of the GNOME Foundation and start doing
"design by committee".

How would these funds be used?

1) They could be used to help promote GNUstep: posters, flyers, t-shirts,
whatever..
2) they could also be used to compensate GNUsteppers part-time, or
3) used to pay a company to contribute some code.

I would like to know, at this point, what the community thinks of this.

GJC