Re: Why Unanimous Consent Doesn't Work (Was: Re: why do we need change?)

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Why Unanimous Consent Doesn't Work (Was: Re: why do we need change?)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:30:19 +0100

On 2005-10-26 11:05:05 +0100 Dennis Leeuw <address@hidden> wrote:

Not sure wiki is best for tasks ... how about defining tasks in the
GNUstep project task manager? We (well, Adam) could set up a new task
category for 1.0 release.

That would be cool. Is that related to the progress page? Since that last update of the progress bar is from 2004/03/03 which is rather old.

Well, there is a link called 'Task List' from the progress page to it ... but the task list stuff is a standard feature of the software running on savannah (and gan and similar sites).

Yes, the dates on the progress page are old, and it would be nice to update them.

As far as the task list goes, I'm not entirely happy with it as it has not been managed ./.. but I think the software provides the facilities we need to manage a task list.

1. perhaps different 'categories' ... at the moment the categories are package names, but it might be better to focus on targets and categorise tasks by the main targets they help with. 2. cleanup ... reprioritise everything and set a 'should be finished' date in the far distant future (and a status of 'postponed') for any task which is either not being worked on or is not important for our primary goals. Perhaps delete a few tasks if they are not very useful.