Re: SVN access

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: SVN access
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:28:45 +0100

Andrew Ruder schrieb:

> The only part of the conversion that I =know= is not going smoothly is
> the README in dev-libs/db/eoadaptors which seems to have a corrupted RCS
> file.  For now I just have the script moving the RCS file out of
> repository before the conversion and then I'm importing the actual
> README,v RCS file into the repository afterwards (so that the
> information can be extracted later, hopefully).  But maybe I'll take a
> look at the RCS file and see I can repair it...

FWIW, I don't think this is worth the trouble.  It seems the file was
originally added on a branch and only contains a few hints about how
datetime database types are handled wrt NSCalendarDate and timzones with
old Postgres95 and Sybase in light of different server/client time
zones.  I seems that it was never altered, merely imported from the
branch it was created from and later delete from the branch.  I think
there is no harm in simply importing the file at a convenient revision
even if it does not accurately coincide with cvs history.

Technically, I think even that seems like a lot of work for a
specialized README of an effectively obsolete library, but if it's
simple to do, well then...

Cheers,
David

PS: Thanks a lot for doing doing this conversion!