Re: WildMenus and layering...

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: WildMenus and layering...
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:42:53 -0600

On 2006-07-13 12:50:18 -0600 Jiva DeVoe <address@hidden> wrote:

happening? I am guessing that I need to set some kind of special property on the window used for the menu. What I'd like is for it to work like the panels from GNOME etc... so when an app is maximized it does not go behind the panel/menu.

You might look at setting

_NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL
for window managers that support EWMH. Although I think the GNOME panels might do something like set the window type/level, I'm not really sure that's what you want. Either case, you might have to hack the backend and possible define an interface between the front and backend (gui/back) to get it to work transparently from GNUstep.