Re: Advertisement for gnustep

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Advertisement for gnustep
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:49:06 +0300

В Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:30:14 +0200, Chris Vetter написа:

> however, you *should* keep in mind that originally GNUstep was
> supposed to be the development (and desktop?) environment of choice
> for the GNU operating system...

This is still more or less true -- with GNOME being steadily absorbed
by the proponents of the Open Source Campaign and slowly, but
permanently diverting from its initial goals, GNUstep remains as a
backup variant.

I don't think that such an advertisement should ever mention Windows
or any other proprietary platform -- after all, support for these
systems is a bonus, but not an essential goal.  The purpose is to
replace all non-free software completely, not to enhance it.

I suspect this "ad" is for the "Take Action" section, so how about
something like this:

,----
| Please contribute as user and developer to GNUstep[link], a free
| object-oriented framework for application development, and help it
| achieve the status of a complete and featured desktop environment.
`----

FYI, I have write access for www.gnu.org so I can help if needed, once
you agree on the wording and RMS acks it.