Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r23599 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSTableV

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r23599 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSTableView.m
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:11:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

> HI Matt,
>
> could you please explain this change? When writing
> this method I took
> great care to implement it the way Quentin did
> describe the behaviour of
> Cocoa in his mail from the 8th of September. Was the
> description wrong
> or just my implementation?

I seem to have not recieved Quentin's description, and
can't find it in the archives, so can't comment on it

according to the documentation:
"The delegate can implement this method to disallow
editing of specific cells."

this says nothing of allowing inedible cells to become
editable, as it was implemented if a delegate did not
respond to tableView:shouldEditTableColumn:row: and a
table column was ineditable, it would allow editing

it ignored editable columns entirely always returning
yes, so it didn't actually allow you to do any
disallowing,

anyhow according to my testing this was how it worked,

though maybe its changed in later releases,

if it has changed and should allow editing of inedible
columns it should probably be rolled into
_shouldEdit... and return [tableColumn isEditable] for
the case where the delegate doesn't respond

http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/gnustep?rev=23599&view=rev