Google SoC

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Google SoC
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 00:54:12 +0200

The deadline for student applications is over. We now have to discuss and vote on the applications and find some mentors for them.

Last year we did get two students payed by Google. I think, we shouldn't expect more than three this year, perhaps again two or just one as the official results last year weren't that great.

I would be willing to mentor either of the two first applications. The one on FDO support and the more specific one for DBus integration. I have some experience in both area. I worked on FDO support for years now and last year I started a bit of code to encapsulate DBus calls into Objective_c message sends. But there are people on this group who surely know more about DO and invocations than me and I would love to leave the DBus integration to them. Specifically I am thinking of Richard, who would be the ideal mentor for this project. Nicola comes second to my mind, but if none of them would take it, I am willing to step in. This is surely the application that will need more support.

Cheers,
Fred