Re: Next gnustep-make release

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Next gnustep-make release
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 19:06:53 +0100

Am 03.03.2009 um 17:58 schrieb Nicola Pero:

The next gnustep-make release will be 2.2.0.

Since 2.0.8 we added support for parallel building - which is a big change for a
building system.  Hence the jump to 2.2.0.

I'm thinking of adding another major feature or two in the next few months before we
release 2.2.0.  Suggestions are welcome. :-)

If you can handle the work involved, please do one major change per release, only. Likely, official releases have a much wider audience than svn repository revisions, making the discoverage of some more bugs likely. Having one step per release makes tracking and fixing those bugs easier.

Nothing stops you from doing the next + 0.2 release just a month later. Not to mention the additional publicity additional releases get.

my $0.02,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/