Re: where did objc-gnu2next.h go?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: where did objc-gnu2next.h go?
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:30:18 +0200

Am 24.08.2010 22:36, schrieb Doug Simons:
> Somewhere along the way in the last month or two the header file
> .../base/Headers/Additions/GNUstepBase/objc-gu2next.h went away. I
> can't find any mention of it in the ChangeLog and my SVN skills are
> insufficient to find what happened.
>
> Does anyone know why it was removed or if there is a replacement
> somewhere? Currently we are manually installing an old copy of this
> file into System/Library/Headers/GNUstepBase/ in order to be able to
> compile our app, which isn't at all ideal.

If I remember correctly, this file was removed by David or Richard.
(Most likely David as I could not find an entry in the ChangeLog file
stating the removal :-)
The idea here is that we no longer pile up different levels of
compatibility layer on top of each other. Instead we try to implement
the some basic functions from the libobjc2 interface for all the
different libobjc versions we support. On systems with a libobjc2 there
should be no extra overhead and for the other platforms it is at least
not more then before.

What you should do is revert all the extra code that you put in to
support the GNU libobjc and see whether your code will just work. As you
application is already running on Apple systems this should work. The
only include that you will need is:

#include <ObjectiveC2/runtime.h>

Hope this helps
Fred