Re: gmodel loading appears to be broken

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: gmodel loading appears to be broken
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:28:19 +0200

Hi,
At the moment I cannot find any working application that still uses
GModel files.
Perhaps this is a strong indication that GModel should be completely
deprecated in 0.20.
Maybe. We need to think about that. GNUstep is very reluctant to
deprecate anything. Maybe to reluctant...
Not to sound nasty, but I proposed to deprecate gmodel files to you and Greg several times.

GModel remained in place only for Cenon! I offered the guys from Cenon several times help to transition to clean GORM files and proposed the idea of moving gmodel loading into an optional bundle. The guys never ever replied. Now the latest version transitioned to NIB only and it looks clearly inferior on GNUstep now. AS far as I know, Gregory wrote them too. I found that never replying was quite rude... We should just deprecate it, optionally moving the ocde in a bundle to retain the capability of Gorm loading gmodels for conversions of programs we don't know of.

RIccardo