Re: supportsDrawGState

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: supportsDrawGState
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:19:58 +0200

Hi Fred,

Le 13 juin 2011 à 14:41, Fred Kiefer a écrit :

> I had to restrict the usage of the new image drawing mechanism for the cairo
> backend to the cases where the clipping region is representable as a list of
> rectangles. With the new drawing code we store and restore the GState and
> this only works correctly when the clipping region is composed of rectangles.

I don't see where the gstate is saved/restored in the new drawing code and not
in the old code path. I checked both Back and  Gui. Which lines are you
referring to precisely?
In Back cairo_save() and cairo_restore() seems to be used in both cases. On the
Gui side, PSgsave(), DPSgsave(), PSgrestore() or DPSgrestore() seems to be used
in the same way in the two drawing methods.

> The problem became obvious in the JigSaw Application which is now part of GAP
> and which does use non-rectangular shapes for its pieces. These pieces where
> drawn incorrectly with the new drawing mechanism but correctly with the old
> one.

Are they drawn correctly on Mac OS X?

> I would love to see a better solution for this, so feel free to suggest one.

Agreed :-)

Cheers,
Quentin.