Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r34822 - in /libs/base/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSData.

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r34822 - in /libs/base/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSData.m
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 10:12:30 +0100

Hi,

On 03/01/12 10:09, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
On 1 Mar 2012, at 08:08, Gregory Casamento wrote:

All,

We should bump the archive version of NSData and add code to pull in
the value from the older archive and put it into the new NSUInteger
ivar so that old archives will still be unarchived correctly.
Otherwise, this will break a number of existing .gorm files.
The NSData archiving change is backward compatible and don't need a new version.
The archive format is not backward compatible, but we already bumped the
archive version format to handle that.

Riccardo's problem seems to be a Gorm file with a corrupt/incorrect archive
version number somehow (it seems to have a version of 40000, when the archive
version in base has only just been bummed up to 12402).
I don't know what's going on there.
The gorm file in question is quite "fresh", I created it like a week ago with current gorm and core stuff, it is not an "old updated" gorm file.

Riccardo